Brandon, FL, Cooling Services
Is your air conditioner starting to show signs of wear and tear? You need to call an AC contractor as soon as possible to inspect the system. An expert will determine if your unit should be repaired or if it’s time to schedule air conditioner replacement services. Call Air Mavericks for appointments in Brandon, FL. We offer on-time services.
We provide quality cooling services to Brandon, including:
- Air conditioning repairs
- Air conditioning installations
- Commercial HVAC services
- Thermostat services
- Ductless mini split AC system
- Evaporator coil services
- Air handler services
- AC refrigerant leak services
Read our testimonials to find out why your neighbors in Brandon call us when they need AC repairs.
Reasons To Consider Ductless Mini Split AC System
When purchasing a new air conditioning system for your home, you might immediately consider a forced-air cooling unit. However, there are many reasons to consider a ductless mini split AC system. Some of the benefits can include:
- Energy Efficiency: These systems are highly energy-efficient. Unlike central AC systems that lose energy through ductwork, ductless systems deliver conditioned air directly to individual zones or rooms. This eliminates the energy losses associated with ductwork, resulting in more efficient cooling.
- Zone Control: These systems provide the ability to create individual temperature zones in different rooms or areas of your home. Each indoor unit can be controlled independently, allowing occupants to set their preferred temperature in each zone. This is particularly beneficial in homes with varying cooling needs or where certain areas are frequently unoccupied.
- Installation Flexibility: These units are much easier to install compared to traditional central AC systems, especially in homes that lack existing ductwork. The indoor units are mounted on walls or ceilings, and they are connected to the outdoor unit through a small conduit that houses the refrigerant and power lines.
Why Air Conditioners Stop Producing Cool Air
Did your air conditioner suddenly stop producing cool air? This can be caused by many issues, including:
- Dirty or Clogged Air Filter: A dirty or clogged air filter can restrict airflow and reduce the cooling capacity of the air conditioner. When the filter becomes blocked with dirt, dust, or debris, it can hinder the flow of air over the evaporator coil, causing the cooling efficiency to drop.
- Refrigerant Leak: The refrigerant is responsible for absorbing heat from the indoor air and releasing it outside. If there is a refrigerant leak in the system, it can lead to a low refrigerant level. If this occurs, the air conditioner won’t be able to cool the air effectively.
- Faulty Compressor: The compressor is the heart of the air conditioning system, and if it malfunctions, the unit may not produce cold air. A faulty compressor can be caused by electrical issues, motor failure, or other internal problems.
- Frozen Evaporator Coil: If the evaporator coil inside the air conditioner freezes, it can prevent proper heat exchange and cause the unit to stop producing cold air.
- Faulty Thermostat: A malfunctioning thermostat can inaccurately sense and control the temperature, leading to improper cooling. If the thermostat is not working correctly, it may not signal the air conditioner to turn on or off at the right times, resulting in inadequate cooling.
- Lack of Maintenance: Regular maintenance is crucial to ensure the optimal performance of an air conditioning system. Neglected maintenance can result in various issues that affect cooling, such as dirty coils, worn-out components, or lubrication problems. Scheduling routine maintenance can keep your unit running properly.
If you notice these issues, call our experts at Air Mavericks for central AC repairs.
Don’t wait to schedule an AC replacement until you are able to save up money. We offer financing options.
Signs Your AC’s Evaporator Coil Needs To Be Repaired
The evaporator coil plays an important role in your air conditioner. If it’s malfunctioning, the AC system cannot properly cool your home. To avoid this, it’s important to recognize the signs that your evaporator coil needs to be repaired:
- Reduced Cooling Performance: If you notice a decrease in the cooling capacity of your air conditioner, it could indicate a problem with the evaporator coil. The coil is responsible for absorbing heat from the indoor air, and if it is damaged or malfunctioning, it may struggle to remove heat effectively, resulting in a hotter home.
- Warm Air Coming from Vents: If warm air is blowing from the vents when the air conditioner is running, it could be a sign of a faulty evaporator coil.
- Frequent or Recurring Freezing of the Coil: If the evaporator coil is freezing up frequently or experiencing recurring ice buildup, it may indicate an issue.
- Water Leakage: A damaged evaporator coil can lead to water leakage from the indoor unit. When the coil is not functioning correctly, it may not be able to remove moisture from the air as efficiently. As a result, excess condensation can build up and cause water leakage from the unit.
- Hissing or Bubbling Noises: Unusual noises coming from the indoor unit, such as hissing or bubbling sounds, can be indicative of a refrigerant leak in the evaporator coil.
- Foul Odors: A damaged or dirty evaporator coil can sometimes produce foul odors.
Recent Jobs and Reviews in Brandon, FL
Is your air conditioner due for an AC tune up or maintenance? Call us at 727-431-5578 for AC maintenance services in Brandon, FL, and throughout Pinellas County. We offer same-day services.