Furnace Repairs in Tampa, FL
When your furnace struggles to properly heat your house, it can signal you need to schedule repairs with a furnace contractor. Whether it’s making odd sounds or emitting strange smells, it can be time to have an expert inspect it. Call Air Mavericks for furnace repairs in Tampa, FL. We offer same-day services.
When you need to replace your aging furnace, call us for furnace installations.
Ways To Keep Your Furnace Maintained
To keep your furnace running during the winter months, the technicians at our furnace service company recommend performing the following tasks:
- Schedule a yearly inspection with a professional in the late spring or early fall.
- Change the filter at least every three months.
- Install a carbon monoxide monitor. This should be inspected by a professional during your annual tune-up.
- Have a heating contractor inspect your furnace ducts to ensure they are sealed properly.
- Check the blower for any obstructions. If needed, apply lubrication.
- Inspect the inside of the unit’s chamber for defects that could include rust, holes, and separated seams.
- Clean the burners with fresh water to remove dust and dirt.
- Clean the sensor and pilot with a wire brush and emery cloth.
- Check the “high limit” to prevent overheating.
- Check the gas meter to monitor the rate of fuel usage.
- Clean the area around the system to keep it free from debris.
Common Furnace Issues That Require Repairs
When your furnace acts up, it’s essential to schedule routine repairs with an expert as soon as possible. Some of the most common issues our contractors encounter in the Tampa Bay Area are:
- Short cycling: If your system runs for less than three minutes before turning off, it can indicate a malfunctioning heat exchanger or a broken thermostat.
- Irregular flames: If the flames are uneven or lean toward the back of the system it can indicate a cracked heat exchanger, which can lead to serious problems. If you notice this, you should call a professional immediately.
- Unusual sounds: If you hear rumbling, popping, or whistling coming from the unit it can indicate a number of issues that should be inspected by a professional.
- Cracked heat exchanger: This can lead to a serious issue like a carbon monoxide leak. This should be inspected by a professional as soon as possible as it can cause serious health issues for your household.
Our technicians can perform electric furnace repairs, gas furnace repairs, and oil furnace repairs.
Are you curious if a heat pump is the right solution for your home? Contact us to learn more!
Ways To Save Money on Your Utility Bill
Running your furnace in the winter months can cause your energy bills to rise. Fortunately, there are ways to reduce these expenses. Our technicians recommend the following:
- Install a programmable thermostat. This will provide better climate control.
- Check your air ducts to ensure there are no leaks.
- Properly insulate your property to keep the warm air in and the cold air out.
- Perform regular maintenance on the system at least once a year.
- Change the air filters regularly.
- Open the curtains or shades to let sunlight in to add heat to your building.
When it’s time to repair your furnace, call us at 727-431-5578 for furnace maintenance appointments in the Tampa Bay Area. We offer flat-rate pricing.