Differences Between Central AC and Ductless Systems
When the heat and humidity make summer days unbearable, St. Petersburg residents turn to their cooling systems to keep their houses comfortable. Two of the most common methods are central AC systems and ductless AC systems. These can both remove heat and humidity from homes, but they do it in different ways.
Learn more about central air conditioning and ductless split AC systems and the benefits both provide. HVAC technicians also offer recommendations on other types of cooling systems.
Most St. Petersburg residents rely on central AC units to keep their house comfortable all summer. These systems can accurately remove heat and humidity from homes, making them tolerable in summer. To work properly, these units use a compressor, condenser, evaporator coil, air handler, ductwork, and a thermostat.
Central AC systems provide numerous benefits, including:
- Consistent Cooling: These units provide efficient and even cooling throughout homes to cool the entire property.
- Safe Air: These systems use filters to remove particles from the air, such as dust, allergens, and pollutants. This will improve indoor air quality.
- More Energy Efficiency: These units cool homes more efficiently than individual units like window ACs or portable ACs.
- Less Noise: These units are more quiet compared to individual units. Since the compressor and condenser are outside the building, they can operate quieter inside.
Ductless Mini Split Systems
Another reliable option to cool homes is a ductless mini split air conditioner system. These units, also called ductless air conditioning systems or ductless heat pumps, do not require ductwork to cool homes. This can be ideal for homes or buildings that don’t have existing ductwork.
Some of the advantages ductless systems provide are:
- More Options: These units can be installed in homes that don’t have ductwork. They can also work in new additions or spaces that don’t have access to ducts.
- Increased Climate Control: These units can be set at individual temperatures, allowing for different temperature settings in different zones or rooms.
- More Energy Efficient: These systems don’t experience the energy losses associated with ductwork. They also prevent homeowners from cooling rooms they’re not using.
- Easier Installation: Since these units don’t require ductwork, adding one is simpler than a central air conditioning installation.
Other AC Systems
In addition to central AC systems and ductless mini split AC systems, there are numerous other cooling units property owners can choose from. Some of these include:
- Window AC Unit: These units are installed in a window or a specially prepared opening in a wall. While these are great for cooling a room or a small space, they cannot cool an entire home.
- Portable Air Conditioners: These portable systems can be moved to various rooms. These are easy to install in a single room, but they are not meant to cool a whole house.
- Split Air Conditioners: These are similar to ductless mini split units, but these ducted air conditioning systems require ductwork.
About Air Mavericks
Air Mavericks provides comfort to its neighbors in Pinellas and Hillsborough County. They guarantee quality with every appointment and promise to have the lowest prices. Call them today for HVAC services in St. Petersburg, FL.