Evaporator Coil Services in Tampa, FL
Is your house humid even when your air conditioner is running? This can indicate you have a malfunctioning evaporator coil. You need an expert to inspect the unit and perform repairs or replacements to allow your house to cool to a comfortable temperature. Call Air Mavericks for evaporator coil services in Tampa, FL. We offer same-day services.
When your air handler malfunctions, call us for repairs and replacements.
Why Timely Evaporator Coil Services Are Crucial
When you need evaporator coil repairs, it’s essential to schedule services as soon as possible. Some of the benefits of having your unit repaired or replaced quickly include:
- Cost savings: Catching an issue with your unit early can let you potentially repair the component instead of replacing it, or catch the problem while the part is still covered under warranty. If the component needs a major repair, you should ask the technician if it is more cost-effective to replace the part rather than repair it.
- Increased comfort: Getting your unit repaired in a timely manner can help you avoid interruptions in the usage of your air conditioning system.
- Reduction in energy usage: Having the unit repaired ASAP can allow you to save energy. When the unit malfunctions the AC system might continue to run, but the unit will use more energy than usual to try to keep the house at a comfortable temperature.
Our experts at Air Mavericks offer AC evaporator coil cleaning services and have emergency services available.
Common Problems With Evaporator Coils
Occasionally, your air conditioner’s evaporator coil may malfunction. There are some common issues that can cause it to break down, including:
- Refrigerant leaks: If you suspect you have a leak you should have it inspected by a professional. They can detect if there is a problem, repair it and add the appropriate amount of coolant.
- Unpleasant odors: A foul smell in your home can be due to bacteria and mold forming on the coil. This can be caused by moisture collecting on the component, resulting in the growth of foul-smelling bacteria.
- Frozen coils: If water remains on coils for too long, they can freeze, as the components are typically around 32° F. The frozen water can cause the blades to coat with ice, which can cause serious issues for the AC unit.
You need a functioning air handler to keep your AC unit running properly. Contact us to learn about our air handler services.
Maintenance Tasks To Perform on Evaporator Coils
To prevent your evaporator coil from malfunctioning, some tasks they recommend you perform regularly are:
- Make sure the coils are clean and dry.
- Remove debris that comes into contact with the component.
- Have the air conditioning unit serviced at least once a year, preferably before the summer months.
- Check the air ducts for clogs or leaks.
- Have the component inspected during your annual AC tune-up to check for any potential problems.
- Clean or change the air filters regularly, ideally at least every one to three months. Dirty or clogged filters can reduce the efficiency of the unit, increase the operating cost and lessen the indoor air quality.
- Check for blocked filters, as these can be dangerous if they are suctioned out of position and interfere with the blower assembly.
It’s important to keep the AC coils clean so that heat can exchange efficiently through the coils without being blocked by dirt and debris. A lack of routine maintenance on the coils can lead to higher energy bills/consumption and lead to an overheating AC system.
If the evaporator coils are dirty, heat won’t transfer out of your home as easily, and your AC unit will work harder to maintain your desired temperature. This will increase your monthly utility bill and raise the likelihood of your system breaking down prematurely.
To minimize energy usage and reduce utility costs, your air conditioner coils and blower should be cleaned at least once a year. It is estimated that dirty evaporator coils can increase the energy usage of your air conditioning system by over 30%.
When you need evaporator coil services at your home, call us at 727-431-5578 for appointments in the Tampa Bay Area. We guarantee 100% satisfaction!