Thermostat Services in Tampa, FL
Are you struggling to control the temperature in your house? Are your utility bills rising in the summer months as you try to keep your house comfortable? You can benefit from a programmable thermostat. These Wifi-connected devices can give you more control over the temperature in your house. Call Air Mavericks for thermostat replacements in Tampa, FL. We guarantee 100% satisfaction!
Remove excess humidity from your house with a dehumidifier. Call us for services.
What Is a Smart Home Thermostat?
A smart thermostat is a device that allows you to control and automate the HVAC system in your home. It offers additional functionality and convenience that you might not get from a traditional thermostat.
Smart thermostats connect to the internet, enabling you to control them remotely using a smartphone app or through voice commands with a virtual assistant like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. They often come with built-in Wi-Fi capabilities that allow you to monitor and adjust the temperature settings from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection.
To learn if these units are right for your house, call Air Mavericks to talk to our technicians.
Common Thermostat Issues You Might Experience
Unfortunately, Wifi thermostats can experience issues that require repairs. Some potential problems you might encounter are:
- A server outage or software issue: Your device may go offline suddenly if there is a server outage or a bug in the software system. This can prevent you from adjusting the temperature settings remotely until the issue is resolved.
- Your older HVAC system doesn’t have a C wire: The C wire is dedicated to charging your smart thermostat and is required to enable the device to work without stealing power from your heating or cooling system. Older HVAC units might not have this wire, which can cause your system to malfunction as the thermostat takes power from the unit. To resolve this, have a professional install a C wire so the thermostat and HVAC system can function properly.
- Dead battery: If the device doesn’t get enough power from the HVAC system, it can cause its battery to go dead. The battery can also malfunction if a software update fails. Have a professional inspect the wiring to ensure the device is getting enough power.
If you have problems with your thermostat, schedule services with our technicians.
When you need to improve the air in your house, call us for indoor air quality services.
Benefits of Upgrading to a Smart Home Thermostat
Adding a wireless thermostat to your home can have many advantages. Some of the biggest benefits can include:
- Ability to prevent your kids from changing the temperature unexpectedly by adding password protection.
- Program it to various temperatures based on different times of the day so you’re not wasting energy while you’re away from home.
- Connect your home thermostat to your smartphone, allowing you to control the temperature remotely from your device.
- Decrease your monthly utility bills by better controlling the temperature in your home.
When you want to enhance the temperature control in your house, call us at 727-431-5578 for smart thermostat installations in the Tampa Bay Area. We offer straightforward pricing.